Behind every stunning cover shoot, there’s a team of talented beauty creatives working their magic to create the looks. In our recent fashion issue cover shoot, our brilliant makeup artists and hairstylists worked on our stars, designer Ejiro Amos Tafiri, muse Beverly Naya, and model Rebecca Fabunmi, to achieve our vision.
To help you recreate these captivating cover looks, we have done a beauty breakdown just for you.
Rebecca Fabunmi’s soft glamour beauty breakdown
Usually, models are accustomed to serving as a canvas for the designer’s creative vision. However, we chose soft glamour for Rebecca Fabunmi to achieve a look that exudes her freshness and vitality. Makeup artist Farian utilised a combination of products to highlight Rebecca’s natural beauty.
- Hyaluronic Acid for its superb hydration.
- Cosrx Snail Mucin Power Essence.
- Cosrx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion, initially applied with a brush and then massaged into the skin by hand to provide a smooth canvas.
- Mattifying Primer blocks oil and sweat and maintains a long-lasting matte finish.
- A combination of Zikel and Maybelline foundation in Rebecca’s skin tone to ensure an even base.
- Too Faced concealer and a TM Essentials contour palette to define the facial features.
- Juvia’s Place blush for warmth and to keep the look trendy.
- MAC setting spray to set the makeup in place, followed by Huda Beauty setting powder for a long-lasting finish.
- Rebecca has naturally full eyebrows. They were only brushed out and sleeked with a brow tamer.
- A blend of chocolate brown and nude eyeshadows to give the eyes a natural look.
- Blossom mascara to enhance the eyelashes and make the eyes pop.
- A subtle under-eyeliner to accentuate the eye shape.
- MAC powder to perfectly blend and set everything.
- Brown lip liner and Fenty lip gloss gave the lips a natural pout.
- To ensure maximum hold for the entirety of the shoot, Sooo Pro’s finishing spray got the job done.
Beverly Naya and Ejiro Amos Tafiri’s timeless beauty
We had the same makeup artist work on projecting the timeless beauty of designer Ejiro Amos Tafiri and muse Beverly Naya. The process involved meticulous attention to detail and a deep understanding of each individual’s unique features.
- To create a flawless base, skin prep was done with Cosrx moisturiser and Omoricode primer.
- Setting powder to smoothen out the skin and prep the canvas even more.
- A blend of NYX and Juvia’s Place foundations to ensure a perfect match for their skin tones.
- Yanga Beauty and Juvia’s Place concealers for soft contour and highlight. This also helps to achieve a flawless complexion ready for the camera.
- Bronze eyeshadow palette from Juvia’s Place to stay on track with the moodboard of natural, clean and soft looks.
- Merak setting powder for durability.
- Morphe bronzer for a natural-like definition of the cheekbones.
- Brow tamer and brown eye pencils in their respective shades were used to create softly-defined eyebrows.
- For Beverly’s look as the muse, there was a hint of drama with winged black eyeliner, and a smoky under-eye shadow created a captivating look.
- Juvia’s Place blush gave their cheeks a soft flush of colour.
- Morphe setting spray locks in the makeup for a long-lasting finish
- Lip liner from Honey Beauty, nude peach velvety lipstick, and Fenty lip gloss.
Hair Masterpiece: A bangin’ finish
The Belle Store’s hairstylist, Tunmise, worked tirelessly to create exceptional looks on our cover stars. For her first look, Beverly Naya was adorned with a stunning ginger-coloured wig styled in a fashionable ponytail and bangs. Our fashion and beauty editor declared bangs the “style of the season” following the outcome of this striking look. Beverly’s second look was a wavy frontal wig that complemented her shimmery dress. The entire look highlighted her oval facial structure to create a flattering, contemporary look.
Ejiro Amos-Tafiri maintained a perfectly sleek bun created with her natural hair for both looks. A flattering look for her face and outfits it projected her composed and assured personality as evident in her interview.
Going au naturale for the entire shoot, Rebecca Fabunmi had gorgeous, simple cornrows. It highlighted her face beautifully, further adding to the soft glam look.
The beauty breakdown for this cover shoot demonstrates the artistry and precision that went into creating the looks of Ejiro Amos Tafiri, Beverly, tag us on social media when you recreate them!
Catchup on the cover story and their individual profiles on our website and social media platforms.
Hair styling- The Belle Store @thebellestore