The board of directors at Access Holding Plc decided to name Ms. Bolaji Agbede the acting CEO following the unexpected demise of Group Chief Executive Officer Dr. Herbert Wigwe.
The decision was swiftly made by the board of directors and announced on February 12, 2024. With a striking professional history spanning 30 years, Access Holdings is confident that Ms. Bolaji Agbede is fit to handle the company’s affairs.
While challenges may arise due to leadership changes, Ms. Bolaji Agbede’s track record in banking and business consultancy has equipped her with the necessary skills to handle the company’s affairs.
What you should know about Bolaji Agbede
Here are a few things you should know about the new Acting CEO of Access Holdings PLC:
1. She began her professional journey at Guarantee Trust Bank (GTBank) in 1992 and ascended to a managerial position by 2001.
2. She transitioned to the role of CEO at JKG Limites, a consulting firm, in 2003.
3. In 2003, she began her journey at Access Bank as Assistant General Manager.
4. In the years that followed, she assumed the role of Head of Group Human Resources between 2010 and 2022.
5. She was later elevated to the role of Access Holdings Plc’s founding Executive Director, Business Support.
The passing of Dr. Herbert Wigwe is an immense loss in the corporate world, especially to Access Holdings PLC. However, Ms. Bolaji Agbede’s commitment to the company and her skills and leadership style would be anticipated to help manage Access Holdings Plc through this challenging time.